SITE COORDINATOR DESCRIPTION
About The Organization
Breakthrough New York is a tuition-free afterschool and summer academic enrichment program for motivated, underserved middle school students. Our middle school students are taught exclusively by high school and college students in our unique students-teaching-students model that promotes high expectations and academic achievement. Our mission is to increase educational opportunities for underserved students and to inspire older students to pursue careers in education.
Middle School Program Responsibilities
• Lead site programming including School Year Program from September– May and Summer Program from June– August. Ensure site achieves organizational goals:
• 100% of middle school students meet accountability expectations
• 100% of rising 9th grade students matriculate to college-prep high schools
• Oversee intern recruitment, hiring, training, and management for up to 50 high school and college-aged interns per year
• Lead on-site high quality delivery of BTNY curriculum
• Maintain relationship with host site and site vendors/service providers
• Communicate consistently with students and families regarding events and student performance
• Recruit and select incoming classes of students who fit the BTNY student profile
• Manage site-wide data collection and evaluation systems including contact information, attendance, report card grades, in-class achievement, character growth goals, independent reading progress, etc.
• Provide updates and data as requested by Senior Management
• Collaborate with Program Team members to develop consistent and high quality strategy and results
• Participate as requested with staff committees and departments
• Contribute to the preservation of institutional knowledge
• Other duties as assigned
Qualities and Skills
• Willingness to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment and build out new, innovative systems for growth
• Effective organizational skills, attention to detail, action and deadline-oriented approach
• Excellent communication, networking, and editing/writing skills
• Ability to learn quickly
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required
• Occasional evening and weekend hours required
Qualifications and Compensation
• Bachelor’s degree required, demonstrating strong academic achievement
• At least 2 years working in a youth-development or educational setting, preferably at a Breakthrough site •This full-time position is compensated based upon education and work experience, including a full package of benefits
Please send a thoughtful cover letter detailing your interest, including salary requirements and a relevant résumé. All applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with SITE COORDINATOR as the subject line.
Breakthrough New York is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants who represent the communities we serve.